We are Hiring! Wallace McDowall Ltd, a recent acquisition by a successful Engineering Group requires a
Multi – Skilled Maintenance Engineer with mechanical engineering bias and some electrical experience.
Wallace McDowall Ltd is a specialist in the design and manufacture of bespoke metal components, providing subcontracted precision cutting, machining, welding, powder coating and assembly services to deliver complex projects and components for clients in the Yellow Goods, Rail, Transport, and general manufacturing sectors. The company is well-known as a reliable complete service provider with a high level of technical competency and extensively developed in-house facilities, which has enabled it to build up strong, long-standing client relationships and earn an excellent reputation within the market sectors it operates in. The company has invested extensively in the development of state-of-the-art facilities.
- Reactive, proactive and planned maintenance across a wide range of factory equipment to support plant uptime.
- Respond to plant downtime to ensure that the plant can maximize throughput and meet customer demand.
- Site Services and Facilities
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Recognised Mechanical or Multi Skilled apprenticeship or 10 plus years’ experience in similar role within a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of PLC’s, motor and inverter drives.
- Ability to read technical drawings (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Willing to work shifts and also overtime as required to keep plant operational.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Forklift truck and IPAF license preferable but not essential.
What we offer
Competitive hourly rate plus shift allowance
- Bonus scheme
- 39 hours Monday- Friday
- Company pension
- Death in service benefit
- Free tea & coffee
- Opportunity to develop and progress
- Internal and external training to support the role and personal development
If this role is of interest, please in the first instance send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org